Friday, October 12, 2007

Sometimes, I missed the old place

Before I have lived in Gainesville, I lived in Nesbraka. I lived in small town, Hasting, smaller than Gainesville. The population there is only twenty thousands people, ten times less than Gainesville. Hasting is so quiet, peace and beautiful. It has a small colledge, no university, and so small Mall. When I moved to Gainesville, at the fist time, I thought it a big city. It have a big colledge and a big university, but when I used to live here, I feel it just bigger than Hasting a little bit. The house is in here it next to together and I feel it big but in fact because of the population. It seems the similar Hasting. And about the weather, it is so difference. Hasting is hotter than here in the summer, and it is colder than here in the winter. In the fall, you can feel about it when the tree color is changed, from green to yellow, it is a little bit cool right now. It has snow when the winter come. It is beautiful, isn't it? When you go along the highway, the farm, grow cow, and the field corn will spend your sight. I like that sense a lot. I feel safe, peace and comfortable about it. And when I drove highway in here, there are a lot of tree a long the highway. I want to go shopping in Hasting a lot, because there are so many clothes on sale there, not look like here. It is so difficult to look for the on sale here. Because my big favorite is shopping the things on sale.
But I like Gainesville a lot. It has big colledge, big university, big hospital, a Mall is big enough for me to shopping, small street I can drive. That is enough for me.
Sometimes, I miss the old place when the christmas come, the beautiful snow drop and special shop when the thing it on sale.

1 comment:

John said...

I grew up in Kansas, just 12 miles from the Nebraska border, so I have a good idea what you are missing. It certainly is a different world in Nebraska and in Florida. I don't miss the snow as much as you, but I do miss the seasons.