Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My vacation

About two years ago, I was on vacation in Thailand. It was wonderful vacation. It was cheap, only 300 usd for one week. I visited 2 place, Bankok and Pataya. Bankok has a lot of buddhist temple. The 2 best temple in Thailand are precious stone temple and gold temple. There is a precious stone statue in temple. It is 1,2 meter high, and it is the number one precious thing in this country. Nobody is allowed to touch this statue. You only can watch, but no photograph in here. And about the gold temple, the statue in the temple is real gold; it's heavy more five thousand kilograms; it' s huge. I had a funny story about it. When we went there, the gold temple, the tour guidge talked that this temple is very miraculous. You bought 4 paper, 3 paper used to stick 3 statue, the other one used to paste on the big statue, not gold statue. If you hurt back, you paste on the paper on the back statue, if you hurt headache, you paste the paper on the head. You hurt where, you can paste there. But I didn't listen carefully what tour guidge talked; I though the paper paste on myself. And I ask him, if I paste the paper on my body, how can I take a bath because the paper on my body, everybody laughed a lot, I laughed myself, it was my mistake.
The Pataya was the night city. Every active happen after 8 pm. In the day, the city looked quiet, peaceful, nice. But after 8 pm, the restaurant, bar, movie, massage shop etc opened, even the shoes shop, the clothes shop, the seafood maket also opened at night. The city become exciting. There was a walk street, no vehicle, only walker. Many bar only open for foreigner. That' s sexy bar. You must show passport. That's so funny.
Thailand was the country when you come back, you didn' t have any money because every thing in Thailand was cheap. The tourist will go to shopping a lot.
That's my vacation.

1 comment:

John said...

Your description of your vacation in Thailand brings back memories. You describe well the temples, and your story about your mistake is indeed funny. I am glad you could laugh about it.
I went to Thailand for a couple of weeks. The first week I was in a refugee camp as part of my work; the second week my wife joined me. She planned to eat the wonderful food, but she was pregnant, and it affected her taste, so nothing tasted very good for her. We definitely need to go back and experience Thailand again. Maybe we will paste the paper too.